Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Say hello to this intense workout! This can be your road to eliminating those fats!
FAT LOSS FAST!
This ultimate cheat sheet will help
lose 3 pounds in just 3 days!
Jumps with high knees
- Perform with both knees at the same time. Simply jump up with both feet and raise knees as high as possible.
- Perform alternating leg jump rope. The only difference is that you do not raise your knees up as high as you can.
- Perform a traditional two-foot jump rope exercise.
High knees give you the benefit of sprinting without the space requirements. They’re simple to do, just sprint on the spot, driving your knees and your hands upwards alternatively.
Sumo Bodyweight Jump Squats
To accompany the close squat, the sumo squat variation helps you hit the insides of your legs more.
- Stand with your feet wide enough so that they point outwards at a 45 degree angle. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels.
- Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards, use your hands for balance if needed. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Explosively squeeze your leg and core muscles to raise yourself up into a jump. Landing softly before slowly moving into your second squat. This is one rep.
- Hold yourself in a high plank position, squeezing your core.
- Raise your knee towards your elbows without changing your hip height or spine position, bringing your leg forward with it.
- Fire your leg back into its original position. This is one rep.
- Repeat rapidly with the other leg.
One Leg Crossover Jumps
- Simply hop up and down on one leg. Land on the toes and not the heels, and perform in a rhythmic fashion.
- Perform all prescribed reps on one side, then on the other. This counts as one set.
Side Crunch Kicks
The side crunch leg kick is a great exercise that you can do to target the outer thighs. The outer thigh muscles pull your legs away from the center of the body and play an important role in keeping your knee and hip joints stable. Doing hip abductions not only helps to strengthen and sculpt your outer thighs, but can also improve your balance and stability.
- Begin by positioning into a modified side plank position, with your top leg raised forward and your lower leg bent back with the knee placed on a mat.
- Lift your top leg as higher as you can then lower it back down.
- Repeat and switch sides.
Touch Ground Star Jump
Add some variety to your workout with these combined movements.
- Start with your feet together, standing up straight, hands by your side.
- Jump your feet outwards, squatting down to touch the ground with one arm.
- Squeeze your glutes and push through your heels to explode upwards into a star jump with your legs and arms splayed outwards.
- Land with soft knees to avoid injury. This is one rep.
- Repeat this touching the ground with your other hand.
High Donkey Kicks
Try this variation of the donkey kick to increase the difficulty, add resistance for your glutes and work your shoulders.
- Start on your hands and the balls of your feet, with your legs stretched out behind you and your back slightly rounded. Have your hands directly below your shoulders.
- Squeeze your glute, kicking one leg backwards towards the sky with your leg straight, squeezing at the top for 2-3 seconds.
- At the same time, push with your hands to push your body back with your leg.
- Slowly return the leg until you’re on the balls of both feet, and pull your arms until your shoulders are over your hands again. This is one rep.
- Repeat for the other leg.
Forward Lunge With Twist
Twisting with your lunges is a great way to hit your obliques, giving your great leg workout an added abs component.
- Placing your hands at the side of your head, lunge down in a standard forward lunge.
- As you lunge, also engage your obliques to turn your torso to one side. Squeezing them for 2-3 seconds at the bottom of your lunge. This is one rep.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Start with your feet hip width apart, place your hands on your hips. Keep your back straight and your shoulder blades pulled together.
- Send one leg out to your side, squatting down on it whilst providing support with your stationary leg and hands. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
- Push back off your bent leg, returning to a standing position. This is one rep.
- Repeat on the other side.