Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This 30 day ab and squat challenge will melt fat and get you in sexy shape in under a month! Work hard and you will get the results you want!
1. Start on your hands and knees and place your forearms on the floor, with your elbows directly under your shoulders.
2. Raise your torso off the ground, having that balls of your feet touching the ground as shown.
3. Brace your core and squeeze your glutes, whilst keeping your back in a neutral position without any curvature. Your hips should be level with your shoulders.
4. Hold for as long as you can! Try to extend this time to improve your core strength.
2. Side Plank
This is a great plank variation to work your obliques (“side abs”) more. It’s important to hit all of your abs to really develop them for this 30 day abs challenge!
1. Lie on your side and place your lower forearm on the ground. Make sure your elbow is below your shoulder.
2. Either; stack your feet on top of each other, scissor them so both feet are on the ground, or place your lower knee on the ground (to make it easier).
3. Lift your hips up to get into the side plank position and brace your core muscles. Keep your spine and neck in a neutral position.
4. Hold for as long as you can! Try to continue to hold this for longer to improve your core strength and to bring those abs out!
5. Repeat on your other side.
You can add dynamic planks once you get a bit more used to this short circuit! Here are our favorites
The crunch is a great base ab exercise to bring out your 30 day abs!
1. Lie flat on your back.
2. Place your hands at the side of your head or flat beside you. Don’t pull on your head or neck.
3. Tense your abs to bring your torso off the floor, whilst at the same time using your abs to raise your legs into the air to complete the crunch.
4. Hold for 2-3 seconds before returning to a flat initial position. One crunch is one rep.
Variation: Hold a weight behind your head, and/or a dumbbell between your feet to add resistance to the exercise.
4. Ab Bikes
The ab bike is a great movement to hit all of your ab muscles with one exercise, especially your lower abs if you extend your legs a lot. It’s a killer part of this 30 day abs challenge!
1. Lay flat on your back, with your feet extended in front of you.
2. Bend your elbows, placing your hands at the side of your head (you can rest them behind your head, never pull on your neck)!
3. Bend your knees at a 90 degree angle with your hips.
4. Cycle between bringing your opposite elbow and knee to each other, whilst extending your other leg outwards as shown. Your legs should circle around like they would if you were riding a bike.
5. Make sure to twist your torso, tensing your abs as you make a cycling movement.
6. Each time you’ve completed a cycle of each side, that is one rep.
5. Balance Ball Sit-up
Here is a great sit up variation that adds yet more instability by sitting on top of a balance ball. This will really take your 30 day ab and squat challenge to the next level! Make sure you try this exercise slowly as it takes getting use to.
- Lie on a balance ball. Have the curve of your lower back curve with the balance ball.
- Have your feet firmly placed on the floor, bent at the knee.
- Lower your upper torso backwards. It should be hanging off the ball.
- Keep your arms at the side of your head, or resting behind your head. Don’t pull on your head or neck.
- Keep your hips still and tense your abs, curling yourself upwards.
- Lower yourself backwards to your starting position. This is one rep.
Squats are a key exercise for working your whole body, so getting the basics right is important for developing those curves!
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, or slightly wider, with your toes slightly pointing outwards. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels.
- Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards, putting your hands out infront of you for balance if needed. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Continue to squeeze your leg and core muscles as you raise yourself up again. This is one rep.