Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This quick bikini abs blast circuit is designed to tighten your core and get you looking amazing for hitting the beach in the sun!
Lose Fat FAST!
Drop 3 pounds in
just 3 days with this cheat sheet!
Opposite Leg and Arm
This is a great variation on the high plank that also engages your legs and arms.
1. Start in a high plank position.
2. Squeeze your core, raising one arm up in front of you, and squeeze your glute to raise your opposite leg up behind you. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
3. Return your leg and arm back down to a high plank position. This is one rep.
4. Repeat on the other side.
The crunch is a great base ab exercise.
1. Lie flat on your back.
2. Place your hands at the side of your head or flat beside you. Don’t pull on your head or neck.
3. Tense your abs to bring your torso off the floor, whilst at the same time using your abs to raise your legs into the air to complete the crunch.
4. Hold for 2-3 seconds before returning to a flat initial position. One crunch is one rep.
High Donkey Kicks
Try this variation of the donkey kick to increase the difficulty, add resistance for your glutes and work your shoulders.
1. Start on your hands and the balls of your feet, with your legs stretched out behind you and your back slightly rounded. Have your hands directly below your shoulders.
2. Squeeze your glute, kicking one leg backwards towards the sky with your leg straight, squeezing at the top for 2-3 seconds.
3. At the same time, push with your hands to push your body back with your leg.
4. Slowly return the leg until you’re on the balls of both feet, and pull your arms until your shoulders are over your hands again. This is one rep.
Side Plank Crunches
You can spread the work across more of your ab muscles by adding a crunch to your side plank. This is an awesome bikini abs workout!
1. Lie on your side and place your lower forearm on the ground. Make sure your elbow is below your shoulder.
2. Either; stack your feet on top of each other, scissor them so both feet are on the ground, or place your lower knee on the ground (to make it easier).
3. Lift your hips up to get into the side plank position and brace your core muscles. Keep your spine and neck in a neutral position.
4. From the side plank position, tighten your abs, circling your raised elbow towards the forearm you’re supporting yourself with.
5. Return your arm to its initial position. This is one rep.
6. Repeat on the other side.
Plank Cross Overs
1. Start in a high plank position. Tense your core.
2. At the same time, jump yourself up in the air slightly, placing your hands in a crossed over position and separating your feet further apart. Make sure to tighten your core as you do this.
3. Reverse the movement, bringing your feet closer together and un-crossing your hands. This is one rep.
1. Hold yourself in a high plank position, squeezing your core.
2. Raise your knee towards your elbows without changing your hip height or spine position, bringing your leg forward with it.
3. Fire your leg back into its original position. This is one rep.
4. Repeat rapidly with the other leg.
Side Crunch Kicks
1. Start in a high plank position. Lift one arm off the ground and rotate your body onto your side placing that arm on your hip, supported by your other arm. Place your feet together. This is your starting posititon.
2. Kick your lower leg out in front of you, focusing on your lower abs to bring your leg out. Keep your leg an inch or two above the ground as you do this. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
3. Return your leg to it’s initial position below you. This is one rep. Repeat on the other side.
Flutter kicks are a simple way to give your hip flexors, lower abs and quads a workout. These hit your lower abs, making them a great addition to our bikini abs workout.
1. Lie flat on your back on the floor or on a bench.
2. Lift both feet an inch or two in the air.
3. Tense your lower abs to raise one leg.
4. Alternate between raising each leg, lowering them to 1-2 inches above the ground. A flutter kick with both legs counts as one rep.