Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Bodyweight Home HIIT Workout for Women
A killer 20 minute home hiit workout designed to use your bodyweight for resistance, getting your heart racing and shredding fat!
FAT LOSS FAST!
This ultimate cheat sheet will help
lose 3 pounds in just 3 days!
High knees give you the benefit of sprinting without the space requirements. They’re simple to do, just sprint on the spot, driving your knees and your hands upwards alternatively.
Squats are a key exercise for working your whole body, so getting the basics right is important for developing those curves!
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, or slightly wider, with your toes slightly pointing outwards. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels.
2. Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards, putting your hands out infront of you for balance if needed. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
3. Continue to squeeze your leg and core muscles as you raise yourself up again. This is one rep.
Variation: Jump Squats
This is a great power variation of the squat for our home hiit workout. You still lower yourself down slowly, but explode upwards from the bottom of the squat. As you land, try to slow your momentum so you’re working your muscles on the way down as well.
The wall sit/squat is a great way to remove momentum from your squats, concentrating the exercise on your quads and glutes.
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, or slightly wider, with your toes slightly pointing outwards. You back should be towards a wall. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position.
2. Your feet should be placed a foot or two in front of a wall (so that at the bottom of your squat, your knees are directly above your feet).
3. Lean backwards against the wall. Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards. Lower yourself until your thighs are horizontal to the floor. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
4. Continue to squeeze your leg and core muscles are you raise yourself up again. This is one rep.
Push-ups are a bodyweight staple exercise. They are in our home hiit workout because they are great for working your chest and triceps.
1. Place your hands shoulder width apart on the floor, making sure your hands are directly below your shoulders.
2. Straighten your back and legs, standing on the balls of your feet.
3. Slowly lower yourself down, bending your arms until your one or two inches above the ground. Make sure not to flare your elbows out too much. At most your elbows should be out at a 45 degree angle to your body.
4. Tense your chest and triceps, pushing yourself back up. This is one rep.
Jumping lunges are another great variation to add some explosive strength and variety to our home hiit workout!
1. Stand with your feet hip width apart. Place your hands on your hips.
2. Step forward with one leg, lowering down on the other until your knee almost touches the floor. Your front foot should be directly below your knee.
3. Push up explosively off of your front foot, trusting your knee upwards and pushing upwards off your back leg to jump into the air.
4. Whilst in the air, swap your legs over so you land into a lunge on your other foot.
5. Repeat with the other leg.
1. Hold yourself in a high plank position, squeezing your core.
2. Raise your knee towards your elbows without changing your hip height or spine position, bringing your leg forward with it.
3. Fire your leg back into its original position. This is one rep.
4. Repeat rapidly with the other leg.