Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Calorie Crushing Abs Pump Workout for Women
A killer workout designed to give you a great abs pump, punish your core and destroy belly fat!
Opposite Leg and Arm
This is a great variation on the high plank that also engages your legs and arms for a powerful abs pump.
1. Start in a high plank position.
2. Squeeze your core, raising one arm up in front of you, and squeeze your glute to raise your opposite leg up behind you. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
3. Return your leg and arm back down to a high plank position. This is one rep.
4. Repeat on the other side.
Side Plank Crunches
You can spread the work across more of your ab muscles by adding a crunch to your side plank.
1. Lie on your side and place your lower forearm on the ground. Make sure your elbow is below your shoulder.
2. Either; stack your feet on top of each other, scissor them so both feet are on the ground, or place your lower knee on the ground (to make it easier).
3. Lift your hips up to get into the side plank position and brace your core muscles. Keep your spine and neck in a neutral position.
4. From the side plank position, tighten your abs, circling your raised elbow towards the forearm you’re supporting yourself with.
5. Return your arm to its initial position. This is one rep.
6. Repeat on the other side.
The ab bike is a great movement to hit all of your ab muscles with one exercise.
1. Lay flat on your back, with your feet extended in front of you.
2. Bend your elbows, placing your hands at the side of your head (you can rest them behind your head, never pull on your neck)!
3. Bend your knees at a 90 degree angle with your hips.
4. Cycle between bringing your opposite elbow and knee to each other, whilst extending your other leg outwards as shown. Your legs should circle around like they would if you were riding a bike.
5. Make sure to twist your torso, tensing your abs as you make a cycling movement.
6. Each time you’ve completed a cycle of each side, that is one rep.
1. Hold yourself in a high plank position, squeezing your core.
2. Raise your knee towards your elbows without changing your hip height or spine position, bringing your leg forward with it.
3. Fire your leg back into its original position. This is one rep.
4. Repeat rapidly with the other leg.
1. Lie flat on your back with your arms at your side.
2. Bend your knees and place your heels on the floor.
3. Squeeze your glutes to lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders are all aligned. Hold for 2-3 seconds at the top.
4. Slowly release back down until your hips are on the floor. This is one rep.
The crunch is a great base ab exercise, concentrate on them for a good abs pump!
1. Lie flat on your back.
2. Place your hands at the side of your head or flat beside you. Don’t pull on your head or neck.
3. Tense your abs to bring your torso off the floor, whilst at the same time using your abs to raise your legs into the air to complete the crunch.
4. Hold for 2-3 seconds before returning to a flat initial position. One crunch is one rep.
Leg extensions are a great way to hit your lower ab muscles.
1. Sit on the floor or on a bench with your legs extended in front of you.
2. Place your hands out in front of you and slowly lean backwards. Find the balance point where it’s hard to hold your legs out and you’re not falling over.
3. Tense your abs as you pull your legs in towards you. You can hold your knees a little for stability if you need.
4. Push your legs back out again to complete one rep.
Burpees are a tried and tested killer endurance combo.
1. Stand standing in a neutral position.
2. Squat downwards, placing your hands on the ground, shoulder width apart.
3. Shoot your legs backwards into a high plank position.
4. (Optional) perform a pushup from the high plank position.
5. Squat upwards explosively, jumping into the air with your hands above your head.
6. Land with soft knees to avoid injury. This is one rep.