Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Jess has made an amazing transformation, here is a little motivation from her! Follow her on Instagram at @plankingforpizza and check out our Instagram for more inspiring stories daily!
“I do not like sharing my macros (❗they are VERY individualized for ME and using them would be a disservice to you because they are not designed for your body or your needs). I am doing so today because I think there are a few really important things to share!
I posted a lengthy blog post this morning detailing out my macro journey so far and that can be found on plankingforpizza.com ? Here are the key take away points I want to emphasize:
- Most people will not lose 2lbs a week eating 2000cals like I did in the beginning. Weight loss isn’t just about cals in vs cals out. It’s about eating as much as you can while striving for a .5-1 lb loss a week which is individually based given current dietary habits! Depriving your body of the fuel it needs actually does more harm than good, so less food is not always better solution!
- Your carb and fat breakdown is loosely based on personal preference. I like my carbs and no I don’t eat too many ??
- When my macros need adjustment, I decrease by about 10-15g carbs and 3-5g fat. This very slow decrease has made adjusting to lower calories very easy because it’s such a small change.
- I’m 5’5″ and I’ve gone from a 33″ waist to a 28.5″ waist.
- Since tracking the past 10 months, my daily calorie intake has only gone down by about 300 calories. It has been a very slow, incremental, and sustainable method to weight loss. Sustainable and maintainable body recomposition takes TIME. Hate to break it to ya, but there is no such thing as a quick fix. Temporary solutions are just that: temporary!
I’ve lost 16lbs in this time and, I know that may not seem like a lot in 10 months, but I’m not in this for the “quick fix” just to gain it back again. Sure I could have lost more had I been more compliant and on point 100% of the time. But in between goals, there were birthdays, graduations, weddings, and just having fun and living life too! So I’m not sweating those extra pounds I could have lost because those pounds equate to laughter, celebrations, and memories ☺”