Fat Blasting Total Body Circuit
A killer fat blasting total body circuit is designed to tear up as much muscle as it can, draining calories from your blood for 48 hours to help you shed weight!
Squats are a key exercise for working your whole body, so getting the basics right is important for developing those curves! These are an important part of our total body circuit, so make sure you really concentrate for them!
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, or slightly wider, with your toes slightly pointing outwards. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels.
2. Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards, putting your hands out infront of you for balance if needed. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
3. Continue to squeeze your leg and core muscles as you raise yourself up again. This is one rep.
1. Hold yourself in a high plank position, squeezing your core.
2. Raise your knee towards your elbows without changing your hip height or spine position, bringing your leg forward with it.
3. Fire your leg back into its original position. This is one rep.
4. Repeat rapidly with the other leg.
An essential move to grow big glutes!
1. Lie flat on your back with your arms at your side.
2. Bend your knees and place your heels on the floor.
3. Squeeze your glutes to lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders are all aligned. Hold for 2-3 seconds at the top.
4. Slowly release back down until your hips are on the floor. This is one rep.
Burpees are a tried and tested killer endurance combo and is one of the most important parts of our total body circuit!
1. Stand standing in a neutral position.
2. Squat downwards, placing your hands on the ground, shoulder width apart.
3. Shoot your legs backwards into a high plank position.
4. (Optional) perform a pushup from the high plank position.
5. Squat upwards explosively, jumping into the air with your hands above your head.
6. Land with soft knees to avoid injury. This is one rep.
Touch Ground Star Jump
Add some variety to your workout with these combined movements.
1. Start with your feet together, standing up straight, hands by your side.
2. Jump your feet outwards, squatting down to touch the ground with one arm.
3. Squeeze your glutes and push through your heels to explode upwards into a star jump with your legs and arms splayed outwards.
4. Land with soft knees to avoid injury. This is one rep.
5. Repeat this touching the ground with your other hand.
This is a great plank variation to work your obliques (“side abs”) more.
1. Lie on your side and place your lower forearm on the ground. Make sure your elbow is below your shoulder.
2. Either; stack your feet on top of each other, scissor them so both feet are on the ground, or place your lower knee on the ground (to make it easier).
3. Lift your hips up to get into the side plank position and brace your core muscles. Keep your spine and neck in a neutral position.
4. Hold for as long as you can! Try to continue to hold this for longer to improve your core strength and to bring those abs out!
5. Repeat on your other side.