Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Female Fitness Models Gym Body Workout
This gym body workout is designed to help you develop that female fitness models look. It’s not easy, but if you want those sexy curves, you need to up the resistance, this circuit does that!
FAT LOSS FAST!
This ultimate cheat sheet will help
lose 3 pounds in just 3 days!
The barbell squat is the king of exercises, so we couldn’t not include it in our female fitness models workout. Don’t skip out on it because it seems a little scarey!
1. Have a barbell in a squat rack at shoulder height. Place your arms on the bar a few inches wider than shoulder width. You may want to place horizontal bars on the squat rack, just below the height of your shoulders at the bottom of the squat. This means that if you struggle to get back up from the bottom of a squat, you can just roll the bar off onto the horizontal bars without trouble.
2. Pull yourself underneath the bar, your legs should be bent at the knee so that when you straighten them, your shoulders will lift the bar off the rack. The bar should be resting just below your neck, one your trapezius and the back of your shoulders (rear deltoids).
3. Squeeze your shoulder blades, pulling the bar against your trapezius to make sure it’s locked in place and comfortable.
4. When ready, squeeze your core, keeping your spine in a neutral position and straighten your legs to lift the bar off of the rack. Take one or two steps backward.
5. Place your feet just wider than shoulder width and your feet pointed slightly outwards. You should look straight ahead for the entire movement, not up or down. This is your starting position.
6. Perform a squat down in the same way as a bodyweight squat.
7. Slowly lower yourself downwards, squeezing your core and quads until your butt is a few inches above the ground.
8. Squeeze your glutes to explode upwards, pushing down through your heels, returning to your standing position. Pay attention to your lower back, you don’t want to lean forward too much or you will stress your lower back with a lot of weight. This is one rep.
Dumbbell Bicep Curls
1. Start with your feet shoulder width apart.
2. Hold a dumbbell in each hand at your side.
3. Tense your biceps, slowly raising each hand up towards your shoulders whilst keeping your elbows stationary. Make sure to rotate your wrists so that they are facing towards your body as shown. Once this is done with each arm, it is one rep.
Bent Over Standing DB Rows
1. Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Bend forward, keeping your spine in a neutral position.
3. Tense your core and both lats, raising the dumbbells up towards your torso, holding at the top for 2-3 seconds.
4. Slowly lower the dumbbells back down. This is one rep.
One Leg Cable Kickback
The cable kickback similar to a glute raise, but allows you to finely control the resistance. This is a great one for really hitting your glutes, so you can get that female fitness models look!
1. Adjust the cable machine so that it is on the bottom peg. Attach the ankle cuff to it and wrap the cuff around your ankle.
2. Place your other leg forward towards the machine, you may want to press your toes against it. Have a slight bend in this leg.
3. Place your arms against the pillar for stability.
4. Straighten your other leg and slowly move it back. If you feel this in your lower back, you’re lifting your leg too high. Squeeze your glutes at the top for 2-3 seconds.
5. Slowly lower your leg back down. This is one rep.
6. Repeat on the other side.
Weighted Bent Leg Jackknife
This variation on the jackknife adds resistance with a dumbbell. It’s one of the best ab exercises, hence it’s inclusion in our female fitness models workout.
1. Starting in the position for a standard jackknife whilst gripping a dumbbell between your two hands.
2. Engage your ab muscles, raising your torso and keeping your arms beside your head until the top of your crunch.
3. At the same time, use your abs to raise your legs towards you, bending them so that you can move your hands into their final position in front of you.
4. Slowly reverse this movement, lowering your legs and torso until you’re lying flat again. This is one rep.
Barbell Hip Thruster
This variation of the hip thruster is an excellent way to build large, strong glutes for our female fitness models workout. Repeat a hip thruster as described, but have a barbell over your hips to add resistance. You may want to do this on a bench, resting your shoulders on the bench so that you don’t have to support yourself on your hands.
1. Sit on the ground with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor and your hands behind you, with your palms pressed to the floor.
2. Using your palms and heels for support, squeeze your glutes to raise your hips off the floor until your torso is horizontal. Squeeze for 2-3 seconds at the top.
3. Slowly lower your hips back down. This is one rep.
Deadlifts are another keystone exercise that you really should master. They are the best for hitting your hamstrings and your lower glutes, that’s why they’re included in our female fitness models workout! They’re also the exercise in which you’ll likely lift the most weight, so they’re fun!
1. Place a barbell in front of you, and stand behind it with your shins touching the bar, with your feet hip width apart. Keep facing directly in front of you for the entire movement.
2. Lower yourself down, grabbing the bar just wider than your feet. Either have your palms facing backwards, or have one forwards and one backwards. This reverse grip helps prevent the bar from rolling, which may be an issue as you lift heavier weights.
3. Whilst holding the bar, squeeze your shoulder blade together and tighten your core. It is essential that you keep your spine in a straight, neutral position. Do not bend it when performing a deadlift. The deadlift is quite a straightforward movement, the difficulty comes in because you can easily injure your lower back if you’re not careful.
4. Squeeze your legs and power up through your heels. Raise the barbell against your shins, keeping it close to your centre.
5. As the bar raises to the level of your knees, move them back to continue lifting the bar up to your thighs. Squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement, but not leaning backwards (this is bar form).
6. Slowly lower the bar back down again, pushing your knees forwards as the bar passes lower than them. This is one rep.
Variation: Romanian Deadlift
The romanian deadlift is a great variation on the standard deadlift to really work your hamstrings. Perform it in the same way as a standard deadlift, but don’t bend your knees. As you lean forwards, you will feel a stretch hamstring. As this builds, squeeze your hamstrings to bring your torso back upwards.
As with standard deadlifts, be extra careful to do them slowly and carefully. Do not arch or curve your back, you will instantly regret it.
Tricep Flick backs
Tricep flick backs are another great way of hitting your triceps whilst using relatively light weights.
1. Put one knee on a bench, with your lower leg lying flat along the bench.
2. Place your hand on the same side as your knee on the bench whilst leaning over. Your hand should be directly below your shoulder.
3. Hold a dumbbell in your other hand, placing it on the bench.
4. Slowly raise the arm holding the dumbbell so your upper arm is parallel to the floor, and your elbow makes a 90 degree angle.
5. Tense your tricep, straightening your arm whilst keeping your upper arm in the same position, sending the dumbbell up in the air behind you.
6. Let the dumbbell come down slowly until your elbow is back in a 90 degree position. This is one rep.
7. Repeat on the other side.
Standing Military BB Press
The standing barbell military press is a great compound exercise to give your whole body a workout. If you’re not confident cleaning a barbell up from the floor to your shoulders, use a barbell rack so you can lift the bar straight from the rack to your shoulder height. It punished your shoulders, arm and core, helping it earn its place on our female fitness models workout.
1. Grab the bar with your hands shoulder width or slightly wider apart, lifting it off the rack and supporting it in front of you at shoulder height.
2. Flex all the muscles in your body, squeezing your core and glutes. Press the bar straight overhead until your elbows are locked lightly.
3. Slowly control the bar back down, either in front of or behind your head (though be careful not to strain your neck). This is one rep.
Bulgarian Split Squat
The split squat is a great exercise that you’ll feel all day.
1. Place the ball of one foot on a stable, elevated platform behind you. Put your weight mainly on your front leg that is in front of the platform. When you perform the squat your knee should be directly over your foot at your lowest point. This determines for far in front of the platform your foot should be.
2. Bend the knee of your front leg and lower yourself down into a single leg squat. Keep your core tight. Lower yourself until your knee is directly above your foot and your other knee is an inch or two above the floor. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
3. Squeeze your glutes, raising yourself back up to the starting position. This is one rep.
4. Repeat for the other leg.
Weighted Bulgarian Split Squat
Holding dumbbells for your split squats is a great way to up the resistance and make the exercise more difficult. If you want the results of female fitness models, you need to train like them!