Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This full body workout will fast track your summer body. Give it your all and you’ll be in sexy shape to flaunt that bikini with confidence!
DB Squat and Press
This is another great combo for adding some endurance into your workout.
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, or slightly wider, with your toes slightly pointing outwards. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, cleaned up to shoulder height.
2. Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
3. Explode upwards, squeezing your leg and core muscles as you raise yourself up. Push that momentum up through your arms to press the dumbbells above your head. This is one rep.
DB Skull Crusher
Skullcrushers are a great way to get a tricep workout with reasonably light weights.
1. Lie flat on a bench or on the floor with your knees bent or over the end of the bench.
2. Hold a dumbbell in each hand straight out in front of you.
3. Slowly lower the dumbbells towards your face until your elbows are at 90 degrees.
4. Tense your triceps, slowly straightening your arms and bringing the dumbbells out in front of you. This is one rep.
Squat DB Oblique Raises
This exercise is a great full body workout.
It will hit your legs, shoulders, arms, core and back all with one motion!
1. Stand with your legs shoulder width apart. Hold a dumbbell in each hand to your chest (or a weight plate). Squat down until your bum is near the floor, and your flat on your feet. This is your starting position.
2. Squeeze your glutes, powering your body upwards. Use the momentum from your legs to raise your arms upwards and in front of you as shown.
As you do this, twist your body from your feet up through your core, 90 degrees to one side.
Hold for a second at the top of this movement.
3. Slowly reverse the movement, bringing your arms towards your chest, twisting forwards and lowering down into a squat.
This is one rep.
4. Repeat, twisting to the other direction.
DB Pec Fly
Pec flys are a great way to hit the centre of your chest.
1. Lie down flat on a bench or on the floor with a dumbbell in each hand, resting on your tighs.
2. Use your thighs to raise the dumbbells up above you, with your palms facing each other.
3. Slowly open your arms, keeping your wrists in the same position and with a slight bend in your elbows.
4. Tense your chest to bring the two dumbbells back up in the air and together, holding for 2-3 seconds, concentrating on contracting the centre of your chest muscles. .
The movement should only occur in your shoulders, not your elbows. This is one rep.
Bent Over Standing DB Rows
1. Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Bend forward, keeping your spine in a neutral position.
3. Tense your core and both lats, raising the dumbbells up towards your torso, holding at the top for 2-3 seconds.
4. Slowly lower the dumbbells back down. This is one rep.
Side DB Raise
Side raises are great at working the middle section of your shoulders.
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand by your side.
2. Tense your core and slowly raise one arm up so it is straight out to your side, with your palm facing the floor. Hold for 2-3 seconds. You should be tensing your shoulder as you do this.
3. Slowly lower the dumbbell back to your side.
4. Repeat with the other arm. This is one rep.
Tricep DB Flickbacks
Tricep kickbacks are another great way of hitting your triceps whilst using relatively light weights.
1. Put one knee on a bench, with your lower leg lying flat along the bench.
2. Place your hand on the same side as your knee on the bench whilst leaning over. Your hand should be directly below your shoulder.
3. Hold a dumbbell in your other hand, placing it on the bench.
4. Slowly raise the arm holding the dumbbell so your upper arm is parallel to the floor, and your elbow makes a 90 degree angle.
5. Tense your tricep, straightening your arm whilst keeping your upper arm in the same position, sending the dumbbell up in the air behind you.
6. Let the dumbbell come down slowly until your elbow is back in a 90 degree position. This is one rep.
7. Repeat on the other side.
High Plank DB Row and Pushup
This exercise group helps to work out your chest and back whilst giving your abs a tough time.
1. Hold a high plank with your hands holding a dumbbell each. Keeping your spine in a neutral position.
2. Alternate between rowing each dumbbell towards your ribs, tensing your lats (the big muscles down the sides of your back) whilst you do. Keep your core tight as you do this.
3. After doing one row for each side, lower yourself into a push-up. This is one rep.
DB Step Ups
Step ups are a great easy way to strengthen your quads and glutes.
1. Find an elevated platform, bench or chair. Place one foot on the platform, making sure it is secure and firmly placed flat. Hold a dumbbell in each hand for added resistance.
2. Squeeze your quads in the raised leg to lift your body up and onto the platform.
3. Slowly release and lower yourself back down. This is one rep.
4. Repeat for the other leg.
The goblet squat is a variation on the sumo squat, but without the added difficulty of a barbell. It brings an upper body workout into the squat.
1. Hold a dumbbell, kettlebell or medicine ball in your hands, close to your body. Place your legs just wider than shoulder width apart, with your feet pointed slightly outwards.
2. Perform a squat as you would with a sumo squat, slowly lowering down, pausing a few inches above the ground and then driving up through your heels with your glutes.
3. The further away from your body you hold the weight, the further back you can squat, and the more difficult the exercise will be.