Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
HIIT Belly Fat Circuit
This core high intensity interval training circuit delivers a killer ab workout! It’s designed to shred fat, whilst toning and defining all of your ab muscles.
Lose Fat FAST!
Drop 3 pounds in
just 3 days with this cheat sheet!
Side Plank Crunches
You can spread the work across more of your ab muscles by adding a crunch to your side plank. These are a key part of this killer ab workout!
1. Lie on your side and place your lower forearm on the ground. Make sure your elbow is below your shoulder.
2. Either; stack your feet on top of each other, scissor them so both feet are on the ground, or place your lower knee on the ground (to make it easier).
3. Lift your hips up to get into the side plank position and brace your core muscles. Keep your spine and neck in a neutral position.
4. From the side plank position, tighten your abs, circling your raised elbow towards the forearm you’re supporting yourself with.
5. Return your arm to its initial position. This is one rep.
6. Repeat on the other side.
High Donkey Kicks
Try this variation of the donkey kick to increase the difficulty, add resistance for your glutes and work your shoulders.
1. Start on your hands and the balls of your feet, with your legs stretched out behind you and your back slightly rounded. Have your hands directly below your shoulders.
2. Squeeze your glute, kicking one leg backwards towards the sky with your leg straight, squeezing at the top for 2-3 seconds.
3. At the same time, push with your hands to push your body back with your leg.
4. Slowly return the leg until you’re on the balls of both feet, and pull your arms until your shoulders are over your hands again. This is one rep.
5. Repeat for the other leg.
Plank Reach Through
1. Get into a push up position, with your hands on the floor below your shoulders, and your feet spaced slightly apart. Keep your spine in a neutral position.
2. Reach one arm out in front of you, tensing your core for stability.
3. Slowly tense your core and reach your arm under you, raising your hips at the same time as you tense your core.
4. Touch your opposite knee with your hand.
5. Return your arm to its initial position. This is one rep. Repeat on the other side.
Swimmers are another integral part of this killer ab workout. They are a great way to work your core whilst giving your lower back a workout.
1. Lie on your stomach and squeeze your glutes as hard as you can, raising both legs off the ground.
2. Reach forwards with your arms, keeping your palms facing downwards a few inches above the ground.
3. Lift your alternate arm and leg up into the air, squeezing all of the muscles from your shoulders down to your glutes. This is one rep.
4. Repeat with the other arm rapidly.
The tuck jump is a simple way some dynamic intensity to this killer ab workout!
1. Place both feet slightly further than shoulder width apart.
2. Bend your knees slightly.
3. Explode upwards, pushing through your heels and swinging your arms to jump into the air.
4. Whilst airborne raise your knees up to your chest before returning them to below you to land. This is one rep.
The garhammer raise may sound strange, but it’s a great exercise for hitting your core.
1. Lie on your back with your arms above your head and your legs extended in the air above you.
2. Keep your core tensed and lower your legs down to a few inches above the ground.
3. Engage your abs whilst your legs are above the floor and raise your legs up with your toes pointed.
4. When your legs are above you, raise your lower back off the floor to bring your toes over your head.
5. Keep your abs tight and lower your legs back down to your start position with them elevated a few inches above the floor. This is one rep.
1. Hold yourself in a high plank position, squeezing your core.
2. Raise your knee towards your elbows without changing your hip height or spine position, bringing your leg forward with it.
3. Fire your leg back into its original position. This is one rep.
4. Repeat rapidly with the other leg.
1. Start in a high plank / push up position.
2. Tense your core, shifting your weight over one of your arms. Lift the other arm, rotating it around until it is pointing up in the air. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
3. Slowly reverse this motion, keeping your core tense until it is under you securely again. This is one rep.
Hover Lunge to Glute Raise
This is one of the most difficult combos, adding a last high intensity blast to this already killer ab workout circuit!
1. Stand on one leg, bending your opposite knee and having that foot out behind your body.
2. Squeeze your core and your quads. Extend your arms downwards as you bend your straight leg. At the same time, extend your opposite leg behind you, keeping your knee bent.
3. Lower down until your knee is an inch or two off the ground and place your hands on the floor for support.
4. Shoot your legs backwards into a high plank position.
5. Tense your glute for the leg you weren’t standing on to do a glute raise, lifting that leg up behind you.
6. Without touching that leg to the ground, bring your knee back in towards the ground. Squeeze your glute for the other leg to complete the squat, raising your body up to a standing position on the leg you started on. This is one rep.
7. Repeat on the other leg.