Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
It’s your time to shine ladies! Cause this workout can unleash the inner beast in you with amazing results!
Lose Fat FAST!
Drop 3 pounds in
just 3 days with this cheat sheet!
Touch Ground Star Jump
Add some variety to your workout with these combined movements.
- Start with your feet together, standing up straight, hands by your side.
- Jump your feet outwards, squatting down to touch the ground with one arm.
- Squeeze your glutes and push through your heels to explode upwards into a star jump with your legs and arms splayed outwards.
- Land with soft knees to avoid injury. This is one rep.
- Repeat this touching the ground with your other hand.
Flutter kicks are a simple way to give your hip flexors, lower abs and quads a workout.
- Lie flat on your back on the floor or on a bench.
- Lift both feet an inch or two in the air.
- Tense your lower abs to raise one leg.
- Alternate between raising each leg, lowering them to 1-2 inches above the ground. A flutter kick with both legs counts as one rep.
Sumo Jump Squats
To accompany the close squat, the sumo squat variation helps you hit the insides of your legs more.
- Stand with your feet wide enough so that they point outwards at a 45 degree angle. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels.
- Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards, use your hands for balance if needed. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Explosively squeeze your leg and core muscles to raise yourself up into a jump. Landing softly before slowly moving into your second squat. This is one rep.
Standing Calf Raises
Calves are worked out in many leg exercises, but here is something just for them!
- Stand with your feet hip width apart and your feet flat on the ground, or with the ball of your feet slightly elevated on a platform.
- Tense your calves, slowly raising up to the balls of your feet. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
- Slowly lower back down until your heels touch the floor. This is one rep.
An essential move to grow big glutes!
- Lie flat on your back with your arms at your side.
- Bend your knees and place your heels on the floor.
- Squeeze your glutes to lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders are all aligned. Hold for 2-3 seconds at the top.
- Slowly release back down until your hips are on the floor. This is one rep.
Jogging or running is a popular form of physical activity. About one in five Australians try running (or jogging) at some stage in their life. Running is an appealing exercise because it doesn’t cost a lot to take part and you can run at any time that suits you.
Single Leg Row
These throw in a lot of instability, making them a great way to challenge yourself whilst still requiring no equipment.
- Stand with your knees slightly bent.
- Raise one foot slightly off the ground, keeping the slight bend in your other knee.
- Bend from your hips, lowering your torso as far forward as you can. As you bend over, raise your other hands out above your head, or to your side for balance.
- Squeeze your glute, raising your other leg back behind you. Squeezing for 2-3 seconds.
- Slowly lower your leg and raise your torso until you’re in your starting position. This is one rep.
- Repeat for the other leg.
Glute Bridge to Leg Raise
This variation of the glute bridge helps remove some stability whilst working your legs.
- Perform a standard glute bridge.
- At the top of the glute bridge, tense your hip flexors and abs, bringing one knee up until it’s directly above you.
- Return your leg slowly back down to the ground. This is one rep.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Start with your feet hip width apart, place your hands on your hips. Keep your back straight and your shoulder blades pulled together.
- Send one leg out to your side, squatting down on it whilst providing support with your stationary leg and hands. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
- Push back off your bent leg, returning to a standing position. This is one rep.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Start on your hands and knees. Have your hands directly below your shoulders.
- Squeeze your glute, kicking one leg backwards towards the sky with your knee bent, squeezing at the top for 2-3 seconds.
- Slowly return the leg until you’re on both knees. This is one rep.
- Repeat for the other leg.