Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Rate this workout!
User Review( votes)
A killer 30 minute set of exercises to make your bum bigger! Great for toning and adding size to create a sexy booty! All done in a short, 30 min circuit.
FAT LOSS FAST!
This ultimate cheat sheet will help
lose 3 pounds in just 3 days!
73615″ src=”https://transformfitspo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/6e25117b5b7db30293ecf344033862d2.gif” alt=”” width=”564″ height=”1701″>
This exercise has helped hundreds of women to get a big donkey booty. There are no secrets! Just get it done consistently and you’ll be amazed at how beautifully round your buttocks get 😉
- 1. Body-weight Squats
- 2. On Side Leg Crossovers
- 3. Jump Lunges
- 4. Reverse Lunge with Elevated Front Leg
- 5. Hip Thrusters
- 6. Single Leg Row
- 7. Glute Bridge to Leg Raise
- 8. Donkey Kicks
- 9. Bulgarian Split Squats
- How to Get a Rounder Booty
- Final Thoughts
1. Body-weight Squats
Squats are a key exercise for working your whole body, whilst also really hitting your glutes, making them great exercises to make your bum bigger!
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, or slightly wider, with your toes slightly pointing outwards. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels.
2. Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards, putting your hands out infront of you for balance if needed. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
3. Continue to squeeze your leg and core muscles as you raise yourself up again. This is one rep.
2. On Side Leg Crossovers
1. Lie on your side with your hands in front of you and your legs extended on the floor.
2. Keeping your core tensed, raised your legs off the floor.
3. Keep your legs extended and elevated and move them up and down, crossing them over as shown. Each crossover is one rep.
3. Jump Lunges
Jumping lunges are another great variation to work on some explosive strength and variety! They are excellent exercises to make your bum bigger in no time!
1. Stand with your feet hip width apart. Place your hands on your hips.
2. Step forward with one leg, lowering down on the other until your knee almost touches the floor. Your front foot should be directly below your knee.
3. Push up explosively off of your front foot, trusting your knee upwards and pushing upwards off your back leg to jump into the air.
4. Whilst in the air, swap your legs over so you land into a lunge on your other foot.
5. Repeat with the other leg.
4. Reverse Lunge with Elevated Front Leg
A great variation on the forward lunge that will help hit additional small muscle groups. This is performed in a very similar way to a standard lunge.
1. Stand with your feet hip width apart, have one leg raised on a step or small platform. Place your hands on your hips.
2. Step backwards with one leg, lowering down on the other until your knee touches (or almost touches) the floor. Your front foot should be directly below your knee.
3. Push back off of your back foot and raise up to your initial position. This is one rep. 4. Repeat with the other leg.
5. Hip Thrusters
Hip thrusters are amazing exercises to make your bum bigger. They are easy to do and really focus on your glutes!
1. Sit on the ground with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor and your hands behind you, with your palms pressed to the floor.
2. Using your palms and heels for support, squeeze your glutes to raise your hips off the floor until your torso is horizontal. Squeeze for 2-3 seconds at the top.
3. Slowly lower your hips back down. This is one rep.
6. Single Leg Row
These throw in a lot of instability, making them a great way to challenge yourself whilst still requiring no equipment.
1. Stand with your knees slightly bent.
2. Raise one foot slightly off the ground, keeping the slight bend in your other knee.
3. Bend from your hips, lowering your torso as far forward as you can. As you bend over, raise your other hands out above your head, or to your side for balance.
4. Squeeze your glute, raising your other leg back behind you. Squeezing for 2-3 seconds.
5. Slowly lower your leg and raise your torso until you’re in your starting position. This is one rep.
6. Repeat for the other leg.
7. Glute Bridge to Leg Raise
This variation of the glute bridge helps remove some stability whilst working your legs.
1. Lie flat on your back with your arms at your side.
2. Bend your knees and place your heels on the floor.
3. Squeeze your glutes to lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders are all aligned. Hold for 2-3 seconds at the top.
4. At the top of the glute bridge, tense your hip flexors and abs, bringing one knee up until it’s directly above you.
5. Return your leg slowly back down to the ground. This is one rep.
6. Repeat with the other leg.
8. Donkey Kicks
Donkey kicks are such easy exercises to make your bum bigger. They are a great addition to a bum workout.
1. Start on your hands and knees. Have your hands directly below your shoulders.
2. Squeeze your glute, kicking one leg backwards towards the sky with your knee bent, squeezing at the top for 2-3 seconds.
3. Slowly return the leg until you’re on both knees. This is one rep.
4. Repeat for the other leg.
9. Bulgarian Split Squats
The split squat is a great exercise that you’ll feel all day.
1. Place the ball of one foot on a stable, elevated platform behind you. Put your weight mainly on your front leg that is in front of the platform. When you perform the squat your knee should be directly over your foot at your lowest point. This determines for far in front of the platform your foot should be.
2. Bend the knee of your front leg and lower yourself down into a single leg squat. Keep your core tight. Lower yourself until your knee is directly above your foot and your other knee is an inch or two above the floor. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
3. Squeeze your glutes, raising yourself back up to the starting position. This is one rep.
4. Repeat for the other leg.
How to Get a Rounder Booty
Flat butt syndrome got you down? Do you have a little slope but wish for more … well, butt? You probably heard that squats and lunges are the answer to get more bump in your behind. But do certain movements really help enhance your backside?
The answer is a resounding yes! However, you aren’t relegated to boring squats and lunges for a rounder booty. If you’re looking for more muscle and lift, activating the right muscles is key. And there are plenty of movements that activate these muscles.
When you understand what you’re working, and why, you can also create your own exercises to round out that booty. So if you’re ready to fill out those jeans like never before, you need to learn a few things first.
The Structure of the Butt
First, it’s important to note that the shape of your butt depends on a variety of factors. That’s why everyone’s behind looks a little different. Some things you can change but other factors, like your bone structure, is yours to keep forever.
So when you think about the shape of your butt, it looks that way because of 4 factors:
As mentioned before, you can’t change your bone size or shape. In this case, it means your pelvic bone. This may also include the subcutaneous fat in your behind. But everything else can be impacted to a certain extent.
You do need a certain amount of fat in your butt; it makes it easier to sit comfortably. But the amount and shape you actually get may depend largely on hormones and genetics.
Furthermore, people of certain ethnicities may be more prone to storing fat in this area more than others. So if you belong to a particular ethnicity that isn’t prone to having a lot of fat back there, you may have to work extra hard to fake the round.
The Muscle Groups That Shape The Butt
You may have heard it before. The main muscles that make up your butt are generally referred to as “glutes.” There are 3 parts to this group of muscles:
These muscles are the largest contributors to your booty shape. So if you’re looking to change it, these are the muscles you would focus on the most.
The largest of this group is the gluteus maximus; it’s also the most superficial. The maximus is responsible for extending the hip backward. Exaggerated movements like donkey kicks can activate this muscle, but doing something as simple as walking does as well. Other movements that activate this muscle include hip rotations and moving your leg away from and back to the center of your body.
In addition, the medius and minimus also help with pulling your leg sideways away from your body, as well as hip rotations. However, they are located deeper in your body and closer to the bone. So while they can help with roundness and lift, they won’t impact your overall appearance as much as the maximus.
Furthermore, there are many other muscles in the hip area. But when you work out your glutes, you generally work out those, too. They are so deep, though, that they don’t impact the roundness and shape of your behind so you don’t need to worry about them.
Lastly, you may want to think about skin care for your bottom. This may not affect the roundness of your butt, but it may affect its appearance. Skin naturally begins to sag through the years, but you can still keep up nicer skin tone by living a healthy lifestyle, exfoliating, and moisturizing.
You can’t change your genetics. And you can’t change your bone structure. But you can focus on movements that bulk up your glute muscles which will in turn help give your butt a lifted, rounder appearance.
And don’t neglect skin care for your booty. You work hard to get a nice round shape. Showcase it with smooth skin that’s soft to the touch.