Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Crazy Effective Summer Abs Workout!
Try this rock hard abs workout for a slimmer and sexier waist line! Keep pushing yourself and you will be ready to crush it this summer!
FAT LOSS FAST!
This ultimate cheat sheet will help
lose 3 pounds in just 3 days!
High knees give you the benefit of sprinting without the space requirements. They’re simple to do, just sprint on the spot, driving your knees and your hands upwards alternatively.
The crunch is a great base ab exercise for building your rock hard abs!
- Lie flat on your back.
- Place your hands at the side of your head or flat beside you. Don’t pull on your head or neck.
- Tense your abs to bring your torso off the floor, whilst at the same time using your abs to raise your legs into the air to complete the crunch.
- Hold for 2-3 seconds before returning to a flat initial position. One crunch is one rep.
An essential move to grow big glutes and work your core!
- Lie flat on your back with your arms at your side.
- Bend your knees and place your heels on the floor.
- Squeeze your glutes to lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders are all aligned. Hold for 2-3 seconds at the top.
- Slowly release back down until your hips are on the floor. This is one rep.
This is a great dynamic movement to hit your whole body whilst working to tone your arms.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand in front of you. Place your feet shoulder width apart and squat down. This is your starting position.
- Tense your glutes to explode up, using some of that momentum to raise the two dumbbells over your head in front of you. As you do this, twist to the side by tensing your obliques (side abs).
- Slowly reverse the motion, bringing your hands back down and squatting into the start position ready to do the same on the opposite side. This is one rep.
- From a high plank position, tense your core and jump your legs apart as shown.
- Repeat the reverse of this motion bringing your feet back together again, tensing your core. This is one rep.
One Knee Push Ups
If you’re struggling to do a full 8-12 reps, do the push-ups on both or one knee as shown above.
Bent Over One Arm Raises
These lat raises are a great way to work the center of your back more.
- On your hands and knees, hold a dumbbell in one hand.
- Put your weight on your hand without the dumbbell.
- Tense your lat on the side holding the dumbbell, raising your arm until it is straight out by your side.
- Slowly lower it back down. This is one rep.
- Repeat on the other side.
A great variation on the forward lunge that will help hit additional small muscle groups. This is performed in a very similar way to a standard lunge.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart. Place your hands on your hips.
- Step backwards with one leg, lowering down on the other until your knee touches (or almost touches) the floor. Your front foot should be directly below your knee.
- Push back off of your back foot and raise up to your initial position. This is one rep.
- Repeat with the other leg.
The ab bike is a great movement to hit all of your ab muscles with one exercise. This is what really builds your rock hard abs!
- Lay flat on your back, with your feet extended in front of you.
- Bend your elbows, placing your hands at the side of your head (you can rest them behind your head, never pull on your neck)!
- Bend your knees at a 90 degree angle with your hips.
- Cycle between bringing your opposite elbow and knee to each other, whilst extending your other leg outwards as shown. Your legs should circle around like they would if you were riding a bike.
- Make sure to twist your torso, tensing your abs as you make a cycling movement.
- Each time you’ve completed a cycle of each side, that is one rep.
- Start in a high plank / push up position.
- Tense your core, shifting your weight over one of your arms. Lift the other arm, rotating it around until it is pointing up in the air. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
- Slowly reverse this motion, keeping your core tense until it is under you securely again. This is one rep.