Need to look good and feel sexy in that bikini? This summer workout will shed fat, slim your waist and get you feeling confident in no time!
High knees give you the benefit of sprinting without the space requirements. They’re simple to do, just sprint on the spot, driving your knees and your hands upwards alternatively.
The ab bike is a great movement to hit all of your ab muscles with one exercise.
1. Lay flat on your back, with your feet extended in front of you.
2. Bend your elbows, placing your hands at the side of your head (you can rest them behind your head, never pull on your neck)!
3. Bend your knees at a 90 degree angle with your hips.
4. Cycle between bringing your opposite elbow and knee to each other, whilst extending your other leg outwards as shown. Your legs should circle around like they would if you were riding a bike.
5. Make sure to twist your torso, tensing your abs as you make a cycling movement.
6. Each time you’ve completed a cycle of each side, that is one rep.
1. Start on your hands and knees. Have your hands directly below your shoulders.
2. Squeeze your glute, kicking one leg backwards towards the sky with your knee bent, squeezing at the top for 2-3 seconds.
3. Slowly return the leg until you’re on both knees. This is one rep.
4. Repeat for the other leg.
Burpees are a tried and tested killer endurance combo.
1. Stand standing in a neutral position.
2. Squat downwards, placing your hands on the ground, shoulder width apart.
3. Shoot your legs backwards into a high plank position.
4. (Optional) perform a pushup from the high plank position.
5. Squat upwards explosively, jumping into the air with your hands above your head.
6. Land with soft knees to avoid injury. This is one rep.
1. Start in a high plank / push up position.
2. Tense your core, shifting your weight over one of your arms. Lift the other arm, rotating it around until it is pointing up in the air. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
3. Slowly reverse this motion, keeping your core tense until it is under you securely again. This is one rep.
Clapping Push Ups
Clapping push ups are a great way to work on explosive chest and tricep power. At the bottom of your push-up, explosively contract your chest and triceps to elevate your torso in the air enough to clap once (or more) before you place your hands back. Be careful not to hurt your wrists when you land from this.
Bench Leg Raises
Leg raises on a bench or other raised surface are great because you can lower your legs further, allowing your lower abs to be more effectively targeted.
1. Sit at the end of a bench, resting on your coccyx bone.
2. Place your hands slightly behind you, or under your coccyx if you need support.
3. Keep your feet held together and lower them off the bench, keeping your legs straight.
4. Tense your abs, bringing your legs upwards whilst bending your legs until they form a 90 degree angle with your hips. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
5. Slowly release your legs, extending them outwards again to the starting position. This is one rep.
Glute Bridge to Leg Raise
This variation of the glute bridge helps remove some stability whilst working your legs.
1. Perform a standard glute bridge.
2. At the top of the glute bridge, tense your hip flexors and abs, bringing one knee up until it’s directly above you.
3. Return your leg slowly back down to the ground. This is one rep.
4. Repeat with the other leg.
An essential move to grow big glutes!
1. Lie flat on your back with your arms at your side.
2. Bend your knees and place your heels on the floor.
3. Squeeze your glutes to lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders are all aligned. Hold for 2-3 seconds at the top.
4. Slowly release back down until your hips are on the floor. This is one rep.
Plank With Elevated Feet
Another variation on a standard plank is to elevate your feet. This puts more stress on your shoulders and higher up on your abs.