Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Sexy Outer Thigh Exercises Circuit
A great workout blast filled with outer thigh exercises to develop your sexy legs and glutes!
Side Plank Leg Raise
1. Lie on your side and place your lower forearm on the ground. Make sure your elbow is below your shoulder.
2. Either; stack your feet on top of each other, scissor them so both feet are on the ground, or place your lower knee on the ground (to make it easier).
3. Lift your hips up to get into the side plank position and brace your core muscles. Keep your spine and neck in a neutral position.
4. From the side plank position, tighten your outer thigh and glutes, raising your upper leg into the air. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
5. Return your leg to its initial position. This is one rep.
6. Repeat on the other side.
Squat With Lateral Leg Raise
This is a great dynamic movement to hit multiple muscle groups. These are really great outer thigh exercises as the squat helps to really prime your legs for the raise.
1. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, cleaned up to shoulder height. Perform a standard squat, lowering yourself to an inch or two above the ground.
2. Squeeze your glutes and hamstrings to send your torso upwards. As you’re almost standing straight again, lift up one leg to the side, squeezing your glutes, core and hip abductors.
3. Hold your leg at the top for 1-2 seconds before slowly lowering it down again. This is one rep.
4. Repeat for the other leg.
Sumo Squat Jumps
1. Stand with your feet wide enough so that they point outwards at a 45 degree angle. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels.
2. Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards, use your hands for balance if needed. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
3. Explosively squeeze your leg and core muscles to raise yourself up into a jump. Landing softly before slowly moving into your second squat. This is one rep.
High Donkey Kicks
Try this variation of the donkey kick to increase the difficulty, add resistance for your glutes and work your shoulders.
1. Start on your hands and the balls of your feet, with your legs stretched out behind you and your back slightly rounded. Have your hands directly below your shoulders.
2. Squeeze your glute, kicking one leg backwards towards the sky with your leg straight, squeezing at the top for 2-3 seconds.
3. At the same time, push with your hands to push your body back with your leg.
4. Slowly return the leg until you’re on the balls of both feet, and pull your arms until your shoulders are over your hands again. This is one rep.
5. Repeat for the other leg.
1. Start with your feet hip width apart, place your hands on your hips. Keep your back straight and your shoulder blades pulled together.
2. Send one leg out to your side, squatting down on it whilst providing support with your stationary leg and hands. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
3. Push back off your bent leg, returning to a standing position. This is one rep.
4. Repeat on the other side.
Bent Over Lateral Leg Raises
These lateral raises are a great way to hit your glutes in a very different way, helping to shape your booty. It’s also one of the best outer thigh exercises as it concentrates on them so closely.
1. Start on your hands and knees. Hands directly beneath your shoulders.
2. Place one of your legs straight out your side as show. Correct your balance with your other knee.
3. Tense your glute, raising that leg out until it is straight out to your side. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
4. Slowly lower it back down. This is one rep.
5. Repeat with the other leg.