Last Updated on July 30, 2019
The Squat Challenge
Welcome to the squat challenge! This 30 day workout will get you get pumped up for your butt goals and deliver serious results!
Squats are the key exercise for the squat challenge. They work your whole body, so getting the basics right is important for developing those curves!
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, or slightly wider, with your toes slightly pointing outwards. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels.
- Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards, putting your hands out infront of you for balance if needed. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Continue to squeeze your leg and core muscles as you raise yourself up again. This is one rep.
An essential move to grow big glutes!
- Lie flat on your back with your arms at your side.
- Bend your knees and place your heels on the floor.
- Squeeze your glutes to lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips and shoulders are all aligned. Hold for 2-3 seconds at the top.
- Slowly release back down until your hips are on the floor. This is one rep.
Lunges are an excellent addition to the squat challenge and will give sexy legs in no time.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart. Place your hands on your hips.
- Step forward with one leg, lowering down on the other until your knee touches (or almost touches) the floor. Your front foot should be directly below your knee.
- Push back off of your front foot and raise up to your initial position. This is one rep.
- Repeat with the other leg. Weighted Lunges