Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This 30 minute tight core workout will melt fat and reveal your summer abs.
FAT LOSS FAST!
This ultimate cheat sheet will help
lose 3 pounds in just 3 days!
High Plank Walk
This one can be a killer! This slowly cranks up the stress on your abs and is more difficult to hold than a standard plank.
1. Get into a high plank position.
2. Slowly walk your hands forward, one at a time.
3. Get your hands as far forward as you can without losing your neutral back position.
4. Hold for 2-3 seconds before walking you hands slowly back to the high plank position. This is one rep.
The ab bike is a great movement to hit all of your ab muscles with one exercise.
1. Lay flat on your back, with your feet extended in front of you.
2. Bend your elbows, placing your hands at the side of your head (you can rest them behind your head, never pull on your neck)!
3. Bend your knees at a 90 degree angle with your hips.
4. Cycle between bringing your opposite elbow and knee to each other, whilst extending your other leg outwards as shown. Your legs should circle around like they would if you were riding a bike.
5. Make sure to twist your torso, tensing your abs as you make a cycling movement.
6. Each time you’ve completed a cycle of each side, that is one rep.
Weighted Standing Side Crunches
1. Stand up straight with a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Slowly lower one arm whilst keeping your abs tensed.
3. Tense your obliques on the opposite side to your lowered arm, using them to raise your arm up. This is one rep.
4. Repeat for both sides.
Variations: Doing this with just one dumbbell with put more focus on your obliques. You can also do this whilst seated.
These are great explosive exercises to get your heartrate up and burn fat all over.
1. From a standing start, jump in the air, landing on one leg and crossing the other leg over behind, keeping it raised off the ground if you can. Squat down on the leg you’re standing on a little to prepare for the next jump.
2. Explode upwards, jumping into the air and repeating the movement with the opposite leg. This is one rep.
1. Start on your hands and knees and place your forearms on the floor, with your elbows directly under your shoulders.
2. Raise your torso off the ground, having that balls of your feet touching the ground as shown.
3. Brace your core and squeeze your glutes, whilst keeping your back in a neutral position without any curvature. Your hips should be level with your shoulders.
4. Hold for as long as you can! Try to extend this time to improve your core strength.
Swimmers are a great way to work your whole body whilst giving your lower back a workout.
1. Lie on your stomach and squeeze your glutes as hard as you can, raising both legs off the ground.
2. Reach forwards with your arms, keeping your palms facing downwards a few inches above the ground.
3. Lift your alternate arm and leg up into the air, squeezing all of the muscles from your shoulders down to your glutes. This is one rep.
4. Repeat with the other arm rapidly.
The crunch is a great base ab exercise.
1. Lie flat on your back.
2. Place your hands at the side of your head or flat beside you. Don’t pull on your head or neck.
3. Tense your abs to bring your torso off the floor, whilst at the same time using your abs to raise your legs into the air to complete the crunch.
4. Hold for 2-3 seconds before returning to a flat initial position. One crunch is one rep.
Flutter kicks are a simple way to give your hip flexors, lower abs and quads a workout.
1. Lie flat on your back on the floor or on a bench.
2. Lift both feet an inch or two in the air.
3. Tense your lower abs to raise one leg.
4. Alternate between raising each leg, lowering them to 1-2 inches above the ground. A flutter kick with both legs counts as one rep.
Chair Glute Bridge
Placing your shoulders on a chair or bench adds difficulty to the glute bridge. Removing a leg makes it yet more difficult by reducing your stability.
1. Start in a high plank / push up position.
2. Tense your core, shifting your weight over one of your arms. Lift the other arm, rotating it around until it is pointing up in the air. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
3. Slowly reverse this motion, keeping your core tense until it is under you securely again. This is one rep.