Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Get physical by grabbing a dumbbell to tone up those arms!
Lose Fat FAST!
Drop 3 pounds in
just 3 days with this cheat sheet!
Front Dumbbell Raise
Front raises will work your trapezius as well as the back of your shoulders.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand by your side.
- Tense your core and slowly raise one arm up so it is straight out in front of you, with your palm facing the floor. Hold for 2-3 seconds. You should be tensing your trapezius and shoulder as you do this.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell back to your side. This is one rep.
- Repeat with the other arm.
Tricep Overhead Press
This is a great exercise for hitting your triceps and getting rid of bingo wings! This can cause quick tricep growth, spreading any fat out and adding definition to your arms.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, holding one dumbbell in your two hands in front of you.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, raising them above your head.
- Bend your arms, lowering the dumbbells behind your head.
- Tense your core and your triceps, slowly straightening your arms until the dumbbells are raised straight above your head. This is one rep.
For heavier weights:
- Lift the dumbbell, placing it on your shoulder.
- Adjust your grip of the dumbbell so your palms face upwards and you grip the handle of the dumbbell in the gap between your two hands. Your fingers should grip the top weight on the dumbbell.
- Tense your core and your triceps, slowly straightening your arms and pressing the dumbbell upwards until it’s raised straight above your head. This is one rep.
Dumbbell Squat and Press
This is another great combo for adding some endurance into your workout.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, or slightly wider, with your toes slightly pointing outwards. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, cleaned up to shoulder height.
- Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Explode upwards, squeezing your leg and core muscles as you raise yourself up. Push that momentum up through your arms to press the dumbbells above your head. This is one rep.
Dumbbell Bent Over Row
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend forward, keeping your spine in a neutral position.
- Tense your core and both lats, raising the dumbbells up towards your torso, holding at the top for 2-3 seconds.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells back down. This is one rep.
Dumbbell Step Ups
Step ups are a great easy way to strengthen your quads and glutes.
- Find an elevated platform, bench or chair. Place one foot on the platform, making sure it is secure and firmly placed flat. Hold a dumbbell in each hand for added resistance.
- Squeeze your quads in the raised leg to lift your body up and onto the platform.
- Slowly release and lower yourself back down. This is one rep.
- Repeat for the other leg.
Dumbbell Peck Fly
Peck flys are a great way to hit the centre of your chest.
- Lie down flat on a bench or on the floor with a dumbbell in each hand, resting on your tighs.
- Use your thighs to raise the dumbbells up above you, with your palms facing each other.
- Slowly open your arms, keeping your wrists in the same position and with a slight bend in your elbows.
- Tense your chest to bring the two dumbbells back up in the air and together, holding for 2-3 seconds, concentrating on contracting the centre of your chest muscles. . The movement should only occur in your shoulders, not your elbows. This is one rep.
Standing Hammer Curl
Hammer curls are a great variation on the standard biceps curl. They are performed in the same way but you don’t rotate your wrists. The dumbbell remains side on for the entire movement.
Hammer curls work out the three muscles in your biceps in a different way to normal curls, making them a good option to also use. Seated DB Curls
This variation on the bicep curl (or hammer curl) helps prevent any momentum transfer from your legs. This makes it easier to concentrate on the contraction of your biceps.
Seated Dumbbell Military Press
The military press is an excellent way to strengthen and tone your shoulders.
- Sit on a bench with the back raised. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and lift them up to your shoulders. If they’re heavy, use your thighs to help flick them up with some momentum.
- Flex your shoulders, pressing the dumbbells up above your head until your elbows are locked.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position. This is one rep.
One Knee Push Ups
If you’re struggling to do a full 8-12 reps, do the push-ups on both or one knee as shown above.
How To Reduce Arm Fat Quickly and Easily
Many of us can relate to the feeling of having flabby arms, and no one likes to feel their arm fat flapping. If you feel like you are losing control of your body, and are no longer comfortable in short sleeves or sleeveless tops, we have compiled some tips to help you shed the unwanted fat, and get ready to feel fit and free again, showing arms that you are proud of!
Here you can find great tips, and just the right exercises to slim and strengthen your arms. Follow our advice, and you will be on your way to strong, beautiful arms!
First and foremost, do the exercises listed here. We have included some simple, effective weightlifting exercises that will get EVERY muscle in your arms working.
But start slow, build up. If you really want to bulk up and achieve the kind of chiseled muscles that make eyes pop, build up to heavier weights, slowly.
Fewer repetitions of heavier weights will make big muscles. But if you are into a leaner look, do more repetitions with less weight. That way, you are in control of what kind of body you want to have. And, believe us, it works, if you do it every day.
We recommend starting with two-pound weights. Let your muscles build before attempting more weight. Injuring yourself will get you no closer to your goal; it will just monkey wrench your progress, so take it slow and safe. You will be amazed at the results, with even a small weight such as this.
As the exercises get easier, slowly add more repetitions, until you feel your muscles starting to strengthen. Then, you can also add weight gradually, with larger and larger weights if bulk is your goal.
Otherwise, stay under 5 pounds at most, and continue with many repetitions, and watch your arms get stronger and stronger.
Unfortunately, if you have a lot of fat on your arms, even though you will feel stronger, and be able to make an impressive muscle after a period of dedicated practice, the fat won’t disappear without reducing your calories. Focus on overall weight loss by following a sensible diet.
You will need protein for muscle building, so choose lean proteins like chicken breasts and fish, and cook with as little oil as possible, flavoring with spices, lemon, and including lots of vegetables.
Avoid sugary drinks and take in plenty of water. Limiting carbohydrates is also critical for weight loss. We recommend around 4 carb portions, spread throughout the day.
That’s a relatively small amount, up to 80 calories. This translates to ½ a cup of rice or other grain, a couple of slices of diet bread, or a small potato.
These will add to a feeling of satiation, especially as exercise can make you hungry. So, a little goes a long way towards feelings of calm and balance. Just don’t over do it, or you can be sure to gain. East several small meals, around 6 per day, and make sure you eat AT LEAST every three hours, to avoid getting overly hungry.
Start meals early to get your metabolism up and running in the morning, even if you don’t feel like eating. Include a variety of foods, such as fruit, a few nuts or a bit of nut butter, vegetables, low-fat dairy, and lean protein once a day.
Get good general exercise, preferably once a day, like walking, biking, swimming, and stretching, which will keep you feeling great, improve your mood, and get your metabolism charged.
In addition to weightlifting, you can add strengthening exercises like Pilates or yoga for core strength, pelvic floor health, and a strong, flexible back and stomach. This will set you up to succeed, by having a strong core from which to work your arms.
Obviously, your arms are connected to the rest of your body! The stronger your back and stomach, to more solid you will feel working your arms, and the less likely to hurt yourself. You will feel great overall as you watch your arms shape up beautifully!
While focusing on a certain part of you, remember that we are really ONE, person, one body, and that all the parts work together and influence one another.
So, pay attention to your overall wellbeing. Please remember that a good night’s sleep, and proper hydration, can affect weight loss and muscle tone as well. Drink a lot of water, make time every day for these amazing arm exercises, and get enough sleep.
Use your imagination! Visualize the arms you want to see. See in your mind’s eye the shape, the size, the curves or muscles you would like to see.
Find a picture of a woman you emulate and look to her for inspiration. See yourself wearing your favorite sleeveless top or short sleeves, proud to look amazing, and able to enjoy the sensual experience of the sun and wind on the bare skin of your arms.
Take pictures every week so that you can measure and enjoy your progress on the road to arms you can take pride in! Did you know that studies have shown that visualization can bring measurable results?
Along with exercises and all our other tips, take a few moments every day to visualize how you are becoming your best self, and enjoying the ride!
So, what is special about our exercises? We have included nine different exercises to work EVERY muscle in your arms. The intervals are short: 30-60 seconds, with a wide variety of different movements to keep things interesting.
This means that if you keep this up for a few months, you will have noticeable results in only about 15 minutes per day. As it gets easier to complete the set, you can either increase your time by repeating, or add weight to increase bulk and create noticeable muscles. Set a reminder on your phone every day.
You won’t regret investing in a few minutes of your day to get buff and bring out your most beautiful arms! So, go for it!