Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Brace yourself cause this superb workout is the solution to a sexier and slimmer waist! Remember to work like a beast but flaunt like a fitness queen. Start now!
Forward Lunge With Twist
Twisting with your lunges is a great way to hit your obliques, giving your great leg workout an added abs component.
- Placing your hands at the side of your head, lunge down in a standard forward lunge.
- As you lunge, also engage your obliques to turn your torso to one side. Squeezing them for 2-3 seconds at the bottom of your lunge. This is one rep.
- Repeat on the other side.
The crunch is a great base ab exercise.
- Lie flat on your back.
- Place your hands at the side of your head or flat beside you. Don’t pull on your head or neck.
- Tense your abs to bring your torso off the floor, whilst at the same time using your abs to raise your legs into the air to complete the crunch.
- Hold for 2-3 seconds before returning to a flat initial position. One crunch is one rep.
The garhammer raise may sound strange, but it’s a great exercise for hitting your core.
- Lie on your back with your arms above your head and your legs extended in the air above you.
- Keep your core tensed and lower your legs down to a few inches above the ground.
- Engage your abs whilst your legs are above the floor and raise your legs up with your toes pointed.
- When your legs are above you, raise your lower back off the floor to bring your toes over your head.
- Keep your abs tight and lower your legs back down to your start position with them elevated a few inches above the floor. This is one rep.
Swimmers are a great way to work your whole body whilst giving your lower back a workout.
- Lie on your stomach and squeeze your glutes as hard as you can, raising both legs off the ground.
- Reach forwards with your arms, keeping your palms facing downwards a few inches above the ground.
- Lift your alternate arm and leg up into the air, squeezing all of the muscles from your shoulders down to your glutes. This is one rep.
- Repeat with the other arm rapidly.
The ab bike is a great movement to hit all of your ab muscles with one exercise.
- Lay flat on your back, with your feet extended in front of you.
- Bend your elbows, placing your hands at the side of your head (you can rest them behind your head, never pull on your neck)!
- Bend your knees at a 90 degree angle with your hips.
- Cycle between bringing your opposite elbow and knee to each other, whilst extending your other leg outwards as shown. Your legs should circle around like they would if you were riding a bike.
- Make sure to twist your torso, tensing your abs as you make a cycling movement.
- Each time you’ve completed a cycle of each side, that is one rep.
Glute Bridge to Leg Raise
This variation of the glute bridge helps remove some stability whilst working your legs.
- Perform a standard glute bridge.
- At the top of the glute bridge, tense your hip flexors and abs, bringing one knee up until it’s directly above you.
- Return your leg slowly back down to the ground. This is one rep.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor and your hands behind you, with your palms pressed to the floor.
- Using your palms and heels for support, squeeze your glutes to raise your hips off the floor until your torso is horizontal. Squeeze for 2-3 seconds at the top.
- Slowly lower your hips back down. This is one rep.
Plank Reach Through
- Get into a push up position, with your hands on the floor below your shoulders, and your feet spaced slightly apart. Keep your spine in a neutral position.
- Reach one arm out in front of you, tensing your core for stability.
- Slowly tense your core and reach your arm under you, raising your hips at the same time as you tense your core.
- Touch your opposite knee with your hand.
- Return your arm to its initial position. This is one rep. Repeat on the other side.
- Start in a high plank / push up position.
- Tense your core, shifting your weight over one of your arms. Lift the other arm, rotating it around until it is pointing up in the air. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
- Slowly reverse this motion, keeping your core tense until it is under you securely again. This is one rep.