Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Intense Full Body Workout
This intense hiit weight training workout will help you develop sexy curves, tone your back, lift your boobs and more!
Squat With Lateral Leg Raise
This is a great dynamic movement to hit multiple muscle groups.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, cleaned up to shoulder height. Perform a standard squat, lowering yourself to an inch or two above the ground.
- Squeeze your glutes and hamstrings to send your torso upwards. As you’re almost standing straight again, lift up one leg to the side, squeezing your glutes, core and hip abductors.
- Hold your leg at the top for 1-2 seconds before slowly lowering it down again. This is one rep.
- Repeat for the other leg.
This is a great way to hit the center of your chest.
- Lie down flat on a bench or on the floor with a dumbbell in each hand, resting on your thighs.
- Use your thighs to raise the dumbbells up above you, with your palms facing each other.
- Slowly open your arms, keeping your wrists in the same position and with a slight bend in your elbows.
- Tense your chest to bring the two dumbbells back up in the air and together, holding for 2-3 seconds, concentrating on contracting the center of your chest muscles. . The movement should only occur in your shoulders, not your elbows. This is one rep.
Jackknife From Lying Flat
The jackknife is another great exercise for hitting the full length of your ab muscles.
- Lie flat on your back with your hands stretched out above your head.
- Engage your ab muscles, raising your torso and keeping your arms beside your head until the top of your crunch.
- At the same time, use your abs to raise your legs towards you whilst keeping them straight.
- When you’re at the top of your crunch, continue to move your arms around to the side of your legs, tensing your abs in this position.
- Slowly reverse this movement, lowering your legs and torso until you’re lying flat again. This is one rep.
Lunge DB Shoulder Press
This variation on the lunge uses its momentum to perform a shoulder press.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, cleaned up to shoulder height.
- Step forward with one leg, lowering down on the other until your knee touches (or almost touches) the floor. Your front foot should be directly below your knee.
- Tense your abs and explode back off of your front foot, using your momentum to raise your knee upwards and to press the dumbbells up above your head.
- Lower your leg back to your initial position. This is one rep.
- Repeat with the other leg.
Bent Over Row
Rows are a great way to tone and define your back.
- Put one knee on a bench, with your lower leg lying flat along the bench.
- Place your hand on the same side as your knee on the bench whilst leaning over. Your hand should be directly below your shoulder.
- Hold a dumbbell in your other hand, placing it on the bench.
- Tense your lat (the large muscles down the sides of your back) on the same side as the arm holding the dumbbell. Slowly raise the arm holding the dumbbell so your upper arm is parallel to the floor, and your elbow makes a 90 degree angle.
- Let the dumbbell come down slowly , rest it on the bench if you need. This is one rep.
- Repeat on the other side.
High knees give you the benefit of sprinting without the space requirements. They’re a simple part of our hiit weight training workout, just sprint on the spot, driving your knees and your hands upwards alternatively.
Deadlifts are another keystone exercise that you really should master. They’re also the exercise in which you’ll likely lift the most weight, so they’re a fun part of this hiit weight training workout!
- Place a barbell in front of you, and stand behind it with your shins touching the bar, with your feet hip width apart. Keep facing directly in front of you for the entire movement.
- Lower yourself down, grabbing the bar just wider than your feet. Either have your palms facing backwards, or have one forwards and one backwards. This reverse grip helps prevent the bar from rolling, which may be an issue as you lift heavier weights.
- Whilst holding the bar, squeeze your shoulder blade together and tighten your core. It is essential that you keep your spine in a straight, neutral position. Do not bend it when performing a deadlift. The deadlift is quite a straightforward movement, the difficulty comes in because you can easily injure your lower back if you’re not careful.
- Squeeze your legs and power up through your heels. Raise the barbell against your shins, keeping it close to your centre.
- As the bar raises to the level of your knees, move them back to continue lifting the bar up to your thighs. Squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement, but not leaning backwards (this is bar form).
- Slowly lower the bar back down again, pushing your knees forwards as the bar passes lower than them. This is one rep.
Squats are a key exercise for working your whole body, so getting the basics right is important for developing those curves! They’re a great part of our hiit weight training workout.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, or slightly wider, with your toes slightly pointing outwards. Make sure your spine is in a straight, neutral position. Make sure your weight is through your heels.
- Squeeze your leg and core muscles as you lower your body downwards, putting your hands out in front of you for balance if needed. Lower yourself until your butt is an inch or two off the ground. Hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Continue to squeeze your leg and core muscles as you raise yourself up again. This is one rep.
A great variation on the forward lunge that will help hit additional small muscle groups in our hiit weight training.
This is performed in a very similar way to a standard lunge.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart. Place your hands on your hips.
- Step backwards with one leg, lowering down on the other until your knee touches (or almost touches) the floor. Your front foot should be directly below your knee.
- Push back off of your back foot and raise up to your initial position. This is one rep.
- Repeat with the other leg.
One Knee Push Ups
If you’re struggling to do a full 8-12 reps, do the push-ups on both or one knee as shown above. They really help hit your chest in this hiit weight training workout.