Transform Fitspo may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This hardcore workout hits your entire body, burning your fat stores and getting you in sexy shape, fast!
Forward Lunge With Twist
Twisting with your lunges is a great way to hit your obliques, giving your great leg workout an added abs component.
1. Placing your hands at the side of your head, lunge down in a standard forward lunge.
2. As you lunge, also engage your obliques to turn your torso to one side. Squeezing them for 2-3 seconds at the bottom of your lunge. This is one rep.
3. Repeat on the other side.
Bent Over Standing DB Rows
1. Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Bend forward, keeping your spine in a neutral position.
3. Tense your core and both lats, raising the dumbbells up towards your torso, holding at the top for 2-3 seconds.
4. Slowly lower the dumbbells back down. This is one rep.
Bulgarian Split Squat
The split squat is a great exercise that you’ll feel all day.
1. Place the ball of one foot on a stable, elevated platform behind you. Put your weight mainly on your front leg that is in front of the platform. When you perform the squat your knee should be directly over your foot at your lowest point. This determines for far in front of the platform your foot should be.
2. Bend the knee of your front leg and lower yourself down into a single leg squat. Keep your core tight. Lower yourself until your knee is directly above your foot and your other knee is an inch or two above the floor. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
3. Squeeze your glutes, raising yourself back up to the starting position. This is one rep.
4. Repeat for the other leg.
Plank Glute Kickback
To mix in some glute exercises with your abs, as well as upping the difficulty, try some glute kickbacks.
1. Whilst in a standard plank position, tense your glutes one at a time, raising your leg slowly and holding for 2-3 seconds at the top.
2. As you’re resting on one less limb, the plank will become more difficult to hold also.
3. Repeating once with each leg is one rep for this exercise.
Bench Leg Raises
Leg raises on a bench or other raised surface are great because you can lower your legs further, allowing your lower abs to be more effectively targeted.
1. Sit at the end of a bench, resting on your coccyx bone.
2. Place your hands slightly behind you, or under your coccyx if you need support.
3. Keep your feet held together and lower them off the bench, keeping your legs straight.
4. Tense your abs, bringing your legs upwards whilst bending your legs until they form a 90 degree angle with your hips. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
5. Slowly release your legs, extending them outwards again to the starting position. This is one rep.
Glute Bridge to Leg Raise
This variation of the glute bridge helps remove some stability whilst working your legs.
1. Perform a standard glute bridge.
2. At the top of the glute bridge, tense your hip flexors and abs, bringing one knee up until it’s directly above you.
3. Return your leg slowly back down to the ground. This is one rep.
4. Repeat with the other leg.
Front DB Raise
Front raises will work your trapezius as well as the back of your shoulders.
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand by your side.
2. Tense your core and slowly raise one arm up so it is straight out in front of you, with your palm facing the floor. Hold for 2-3 seconds. You should be tensing your trapezius and shoulder as you do this.
3. Slowly lower the dumbbell back to your side. This is one rep.
4. Repeat with the other arm.
DB Pec Fly
Peck flys are a great way to hit the centre of your chest.
1. Lie down flat on a bench or on the floor with a dumbbell in each hand, resting on your tighs.
2. Use your thighs to raise the dumbbells up above you, with your palms facing each other.
3. Slowly open your arms, keeping your wrists in the same position and with a slight bend in your elbows.
4. Tense your chest to bring the two dumbbells back up in the air and together, holding for 2-3 seconds, concentrating on contracting the centre of your chest muscles. . The movement should only occur in your shoulders, not your elbows. This is one rep.
This yoga movment is great for working and stretching your core abs and back muscles.
1. Start on your hands and your knees, with each directly below your body. Keep your head and spine in a neutral position. This is your starting position.
2. Tense your lower back, slowly raising your head up towards the sky, pushing your stomach towards the ground. Hold for 5 seconds.
3. Tense your core, pulling your upper back towards the sky and your head downwards. Hold for 5 seconds.
4. Return to the starting postition. This is one rep.
1. Start in a high plank / push up position.
2. Tense your core, shifting your weight over one of your arms. Lift the other arm, rotating it around until it is pointing up in the air. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
3. Slowly reverse this motion, keeping your core tense until it is under you securely again. This is one rep.